Benefit Real Cheeky Party | 1st Impression |

09:00:00



Benefit is not a brand I try a lot from but I still remember when I missed last years holiday cheek palette and how I regretted it till a few weeks back!
When I heard about them coming back with a new cheek palette I knew I had to get it this time and since I was flying to Portugal, World Duty Free made the great excuse to dive in!
I was not a huge fan of the packaging at first but now I kinda like the originality and brightness of the colour palette! The fact it comes in a tin is very practical for traveling, the risk of damaging is minor!
As for a first impression... I'm not very impressed! 



The Real Cheeky Party comes with 5 box of powders - Dandelion / Rockateur / Sugar Bomb/ Hoola / Coralista -, well known by the beauty community, a sample of What's Up highlighter, a travel size of They're Real Push Up Liner (that I gave straight away to a friend since I already have one and dislike it) and a travel size of the They're Real Mascara that was in my handbag at the shooting time! 
Anyway, I was not impressed at all with the Benefit powders, I shall say I was a bit disappointed... I was expecting more pigment out of it and something different from what I can get everywhere else.
My favourite blushes have to be Dandelion and Rockateur but still all of the four look almost identical and not very pigmented... It is a good thing if you're new to the blush game, hard to overdo but still for the price is not worth it, in my opinion!! 
Hoola was a major disappointment, I have so many great bronzing/contouring  powders from so much cheaper brands that do better than this, I can't honestly see what's the hype all about! 
What's Up is a very usual shade of cream highlighter that you can find in Sleek for cheaper... 
They're Real Push Up Liner is a major no as I already mentioned in this review!  
The only thing I'm impressed with is the They're Real mascara, I sure can see why it's so raved about! It definitely brings lashes back to life! 

Overall, as my first impression I'm disappointed with Benefit products on this palette, but I'll give it more tries and see if my opinion changes. Who knows my next favourite blush lays in here!!
If you're starting in makeup, or are just curious about Benefit this is a great value set considering you get 5 powders, 1 highlight, 1 eyeliner and 1 mascara for 30£!! It is the best way to try more things from the brand without compromising too much money at first and if you love something you can always get a full size later on as these products are all permanent!

What do you think about Benefit holiday palettes?

Thanks for reading, 

You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Popular Posts

Blog Archive