5 To Try | Hourglass |

09:00:00


Continuing my series of selecting a few products I love from each different brand I present you my Hourglass winners! 
I will be presenting them in order of my personal application, so hopefully it will be easier to navigate in case you just want to read about a particular product mentioned. 


I always start off with primer and although the Veil Mineral Primer (20£ - 10ml) is one of my favourites not always seemed to be! The first time I've tried it I didn't see why everyone else was loving it but I suppose it doesn't work with every skin type. Now that I'm combination/dehydrated it serves me well! It goes flawlessly under HD foundations in particular! It smooths the skin and prolongs longevity overall does the job a very generic primer however much better than any other I've tried! I notice I still have to use a pore filling primer with it as it won't do much for my pores but for the fact it leaves my makeup intact for so many hours it's worth the extra step. 

Vanish Stick Foundation (42£) has been raved as the best stick foundation on the market, and even thou I really do enjoy it I feel like I haven't found my perfect one yet! The shade range is superb from the very fairest of the skin tones to the very darkest which is brilliant and EVERY brand should take into consideration. Formula is very creamy and medium to full coverage, it builds up and blends really easily without looking thick. It is a long wearing foundation and I particularly enjoy using it for retouches during the day! 

The Ambient Lighting Powders are their cult favourite powder and even thou I own 3 different ones I don't feel like it's a favourite of mine, mainly because I love me some matte finishing powder! However their Ambient Lighting Blushes (32£) are something worth the splurge! The only one I own is Mood Exposure, the perfect mauve pink that goes well all year around but particularly on the Fall! It's staying power is beyond amazing and pigmentation is there without being overboard! Formula is easy to blend and has shimmery particles in it that don't look too obvious on the skin but radiate luminosity! 

Eyebrow pencils are such a personal thing and even tho these are amazing quality I kinda wish the tip was more like the Anastasia Brow Wiz rather than a triangle! Being that my only complaint I can't tell you enough about the formula of the Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil (29£)! It is waterproof - I've tested it - and easy to use because it doesn't deposit too much pigment at once! It's waxier than I usually like but that only makes it last longer so I know it won't budge! It blends really easily onto the brows and you can use the sharp tip of the triangle to draw some feather like natural brows or the whole of the shape and have a quick and easy fill in! The shade selection is one of the best compared to most brow products on the market!

As for the lips I have a sample size of the Girl Lipstick (26£) in Peacemaker and I'm in love with it! I've seen all the other shades but none call me like this one does! The formula is pigmented and very nourishing on the lips as it contains shea butter and jojoba, they need to be reapplied after a couple hours but I can deal with it! If you're interested in trying Hourglass lipsticks I would definitely recommend starting with the Girl range, they have 20 different shades from nudes to hot pinks and plums, I'm sure you'll find one that suits your taste!


Let me know your favourites from Hourglass! 

You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Popular Posts

Blog Archive