Spending Ban Project | Goals & Methods |

09:00:00


It's been a while since I decided to go through this, a spending ban. 
For the past year I bought an insane amount of makeup, as I started to work and have more brands at my hands. All those things I wanted for years most of them are in my collection, the lipsticks grew from about 20 to 60+, and it's not that I'm ashamed of owning so much makeup, it's just a rest and a way of keeping track of what I have, what I actually need and use up loads of things I have sitting there!
Also, my main reason for this decision was IMATS 16, it is my first time going and to be honest I don't want to be worried about money, I want to go, be free to buy whatever I fancy and still have money to buy food at the end of the day!
If you're familiar with IMATS you know the entry fee is around 50£ which is not cheap at all to start with, I'm going mostly to interact with other beauty lovers, get to know makeup schools better and of course get some professional makeup that I can't as easily outside. 

The project will be hard, a test to myself. I aim to be 3 months, you read it right... 3 months without buying makeup. No matter what. I will also put aside around 25£ a week representing the money I would spend on makeup and beauty products on a normal basis. 
I've checked everything, I have enough shower gel for at least 6 months, shampoo and other necessary things as well. I have a good stock that I want to use up so I don't need to buy anything beauty related for the next 3 months. It is a long time I know but I'm going to focus and stay strong!

My goals at the end are:
  • save for IMATS 
  • Stop buying so much beauty products that I don't need 
  • Use up a lot of products I have sitting in the drawers
  • Find old favourites 
  • Learn to stick to the basics

My methods will be:
  • Only carry the minimum cash
  • Leave cards at home
  • Avoid Boots, Superdrug, Online beauty stores
  • Don't read the newsletters from brands
  • Shop my stash
  • Focus on blog posts about things I already own but never shared
I'll be keeping you up to date on my journey and hopefully I'll be strong enough to resist the temptation, who knows inspire you to do the same! 
The journey starts on March 1st and ends on May 31st, till then I'll stock up on cotton pads and micellar water! 

If you have any tips don't hesitate leaving them bellow!

Thanks for reading,

You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Popular Posts