Too Faced The Power of Makeup by Nikkie Tutorials

09:00:00




Recently the hype was all over the new Too Faced collaboration, this time with Nikkie Tutorials, whom I've been a loyal follower for the past 6 years. I can say I wanted it for her, but of course mostly for the make-up! I've played with the palette for a while now and I have my opinion on it.


The shade selection is on point in all categories but quality is not consistent. It sucks to say this about a product that someone I admire for so long created but truth has to be said at all times. I noticed some of the shadows are so powdery it's impossible to do my face beforehand. A usual brush off of the fall out doesn't work with this kind of eyeshadows as they stick to the top of the skin no matter what powder you have underneath. Shades like Mystic Hour, Wham Bam  and Wanted (basically the last row) are my least favourites in formulation. Hard to work with, need build up and fade throughout the day easily, with my usual primer. Let me say by now I haven't even tried the Shadow Insurance so I can't tell how it will work with that, but all eyeshadows should perform the same and be good in different primers, in my opinion.  Sugar Coated is a bit hard to pick up so I prefer to use a flat brush or my fingers even. My most favourite shades are Ivy, Painkiller, Make-up & Chill and Frosted Yum, they have consistent quality, blend nicely and stay put. 
The blushes and bronzer I already own and think consistency and quality is about the same for both. The highlight thou... expecting something extremely bright and on your face this was the bit that disappointed me first, it barely shows in my skin tone and I'm about the same shade as Nikkie. It's hard in formula, not creamy whatsoever and is hard to pick up on a brush, total fail in my opinion. 
All in all the palette is okay, I'm not overly impressed but since it is Nikkie's creation I can find a way and make what doesn't work so well be good enough.
When it takes to the remain items of the collection I haven't tried any yet, I'm looking forward for the eyeliner but have too many in the run at the moment, will probably do a review on them soon. The mascara I've tried the original and love it so it's probably the same about the purple version. 

At the end of the day is not that bad considering you get a lot of products to try and is a good palette for on the go. The only thing that I wish was better is definitely the highlighter and the last row of eyeshadows.  

If you own this palette let me know what you think about it! 


You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Popular Posts