The Highlight Edit | Swatches |

09:00:00



Highlighters are everywhere and even thou I don't own the amazing Champagne Pop or Soft & Gentle I still managed to grab a good variety of them that I love but... just wait for IMATS, something tells me I will come home with a few more...

From liquid to powder there's plenty of options, some more affordable than others, and for the most part differing in shade and intensity!
I managed to downsize to my favourites to 8, no judgments, I honestly love each one of these can't really skip any.

Tools:

Zoeva 134 Luxe Powder Fusion (£10) - Hands down my favourite brush to apply highlighter when I want intensity! It packs on the amount of product I need and its soft bristles spread the powder evenly! A must if you love a strong highlight!

Real Techniques Fan Brush (Set £20) - As far as I know you can only get this brush within a Sculpting Set but hopefully it will come out alone! I love this brush for the days I want a simple highlight, not too strong but visible! It can pack on as much as you want but personally prefer to use with a light hand! I tend to grab it when I want to wear Lightscapade by MAC! 


Mary Lou Manizer | Platinum | Royal Gold | Renaissance Gold | Monaco | Sunbeam

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer (£17) - It took me ages to finally dive in, no regrets ever since! My favourite highlight of all time! It deserves all the hype it gets and its quality is amazing. Soft consistency and super pigmentation, I wear this all the time and I know I will repurchase once I finish!

Sleek Highlighting Palette Precious Metals (£10) - In cream form I have to say this is amazing for the price! So soft and so strong! I usually wear it over my foundation and powder after and its intensity is so high I don't feel the need to go overtop with a highlighting powder! My favourite shade of the palette is without a doubt Renaissance Gold but I have fun mixing them all together! 

Sleek Barekissed Illuminstor in Monaco (£10) - This is hands down my favourite liquid highlight! Nothing beats it and comes in a 30ml glass bottle which will last me forever! I love mixing it with any foundation I own, it doesn't change consistency and doesn't make it glittery at all, as an end result I get an illuminated complexion that lasts all day! I also use it to highlight the high points of my face!

NYX Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator in Sunbeam (£7) - My most recent purchase on the liquid light department and to be honest it makes its way up to the top! I still prefer the Sleek one but just because it's less pink, either way it performs as good and takes any foundation to the next level! I love how reflective it actually is on the skin and the fact it's a bit more pink gives a brightening effect to my foundation! 
 
Sin | Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light | Lightscapade | Kiko 208
Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter in Sin (£19) - I've been eyeing this product since it came out and I couldn't resist but pick it up in store! I would say it's very similar to Mary-Lou just a little more goldish and cooler toned. Whenever I wear this I can see my highlight reflected in everything... no jokes! It lasts all day on me, strong, no budge! It's super intense so if it's not your thing walk around like a disco ball you might want to give it a pass!

Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light (£6,99) - This highlighter was probably my first and oh my... It is amazing! I honestly think it should be more mentioned than it actually is! It is soft, super pigmented and lasts all day! I can see it has more of a peachy tone to it but it looks so good on light skin! I know Sleek has this contour kits for Medium and Deep skin as well so if you fancy a bargain give it a check in your local drugstore! You can thank me later!

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Lightscapade (£24) - Iconic I would say, once limited edition but permanent now! We're talking about the infamous Lightscapade that conquered any girl with fair skin in the beauty world! I must admit I was super disappointed at first, I would expect something stronger for the price but to be honest I don't mind it at all now. It is a gorgeous highlight and I tend to wear it on a day to day look rather than a special event, which comes in handy at times! I know Soft & Gentle might be more my cup of tea but I'm so scared it looks so dark in the pan!!! 

Kiko Water Eyeshadow in 208 (£8,90) - Kiko has always been one of my top brands no doubts but surprisingly they don't offer many highlighting options other than the usual limited editions, which I hope changes at some point! Anyway, I bet you heard about this iconic eyeshadow everyone uses as their highlight! It is no doubts stunning but I would say if you're pale as a ghost you won't fancy this  much! If I use it wet it doesn't look good on me but when it's dry my brush only picks up the right amount of product and boooom highlight on fleek! 


Tell me all about your favourite highlight!!

Thanks for reading,

You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Popular Posts