Top 3 Face Powders | MAC / Kiko / Catrice |

09:00:00


Usually powder is not a thing people talk much about, unless they suffer from severe oiliness. I have combination to oily skin and as far as I remember powder was one of the very first makeup items I used, it still remains one of the most important to me!
With various options within my collection I find myself always gravitating towards the same ones, so I must share the goods! 

Kiko recently launched a new collection of face powders, blushes, bronzers which are in fact more expensive but also look more luxurious. Do they feel any better thou? They do... This time I reached for the Radiant Fusion Baked Powder (14,99£) which somehow resembled the so famous Hourglass options. I can't really compare as I don't own any Hourglass, but on its own virtue, I can say it is amazing. I reach for this powder when I don't want my skin to look powdery and to give it some extra glow. It doesn't add glitter nor it compares to a highlighter, but it gives a subtle light. Subtle yet amazing on the skin. It keeps makeup in place for most of the day and its soft texture can't be compared to anything I've tried.
On a still natural but with a bit more coverage, I find Mac Mineralized Skin Finish in Medium (24£) is the one for the days I need an extra hint of something. It doesn't look powdery and it sets the makeup just as well. I find it adds a bit of coverage and evens out the complexion. It is also my go to when a foundation is shade paler as it helps correcting it to a more accurate match. Does it do anything better than the less expensive powders I own? Not significantly, but its texture is smooth and the fact it makes my skin look beautiful justifies it somehow. 
Lastly, I have my beloved, and almost gone, Catrice Prime and Fine Mattifying Waterproof Powder ( ~5€) this is by far my favourite. I got a back up way before this hit pan since I heard they were about to discontinue it. This translucent powder lasts all day while it sets my makeup, prevent it from looking powdery and it doesn't add any kind of coverage. It's also one of the best blending powders I own. Whenever I'm too strong with the blush or bronzer I grab this and buff it in, it makes everything look neat and flawless.  It is without a doubt a staple and gets the big thumbs up from me!

Do you have a go to powder?

Thanks for reading,



You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Popular Posts