Project Pan Update #2

09:00:00



I've been taking this project pan seriously for the past few months and I've been able to finish some products I had sitting in my drawers for the longest time. 
It just comes to show how much I accumulate and don't use, which is a total waste of money and product once it expires half full.

I'm usually pretty good at decluttering and most the makeup I own is only 2 years old maximum which is a good thing, it means is likely to still be in good condition and gives me more time to use it before it goes bad. 



This month I was able to finish the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation and the Cover FX Blurring Primer sample I had. Both were not that old however considering how much I own of each category I had to start somewhere. I really liked the Too Faced Foundation and one day if I stop wishing to try every single new product on the market I will probably consider repurchasing it. 
The Cover FX Blurring Primer is blurring yes but not quite enough to my enlarged pores. I still prefer my Make Up For Ever one any day however if I get more of these I will still happily use them.

My Hourglass Lipstick sees barely any progress I stopped noting it down because I know myself too well. I've never finished a lipstick and far is the day that will happen. I am deciding then to take it off this project pan and just carry on using it as much as possible without the pressure of seeing progress.
My Inglot eyebrow powder has seen some progress compared to last month but it's an eyebrow powder that is taking ages to finish... I will thou be trowing it away at the end of the year despite its condition. I own it at least for 4 years now and that's certainly not ideal.

Smashbox Primer Water tricked me well into thinking that would be done by now! It has so much in it and I kid you not I use it every single day. I'm quite confident, however, next month will be done with.
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer was only added last update and is seeing amazing progress, I use it mixed with my Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer which slows down the process however for only a month it's looking good. On the other hand, if you're not mad for makeup and only get one thing at a time this could be a problem using up and entire concealer in 2 months is quite quick in my opinion. Consider if you're looking into buy it!

Lastly the fail of the month was most certainly a fragrance. I don't know what I had in mind when I added this to the project. Trust me when I say I love the scent of Estee Lauder Modern Muse but I'm not one to force a scent on me. I must want to smell like that on the day and it didn't happen often apparently. Well, I'll try for one more month if still not much progress is shown I'll exit it from the project.


Since both my foundation and primers have finished during this round, I decided to add one more of each to continue the project. 
The Kat Von D Lock It Foundation was bought exactly on the same day as the Too Faced so roughly 1 year ago and it's not been used much... one the shade is slightly too dark for my liking (but my fault I picked it for myself) and two it's thick! I love me full coverage, don't take me wrong, but this is the fullest of the full coverage foundations so I must add an oil to make it slightly less heavy. 
I've been enjoying it so far and hopefully we'll see it done with by the end of the year!
Urban Decay Optical Illusion Sample Primer was one to try to see if I would get the full size, even thou it is nice, once again, it's not quite enough to fill in my huge pores and my foundation still collects there. I will thou finish it up this month just to get rid of it but unfortunately won't buy it anytime soon considering it hasn't done much for me. 

Other things like my MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ocre have seen barely any progress so no point in showing... I literally have been using it every single day of the year I wear makeup and it's half full. I don't understand how much product comes in there! 
The Too Faced Sketch Liner is also one in progress, seems like it's starting to dry out but we never know with these things, they seem done with but have 10 more applications worth of product inside.
I will let you know once I finish them completely.

Tell me what you think about this project! Is there anything you would like to see added in here? I must state that I'm terrible using up powder products... it just doesn't work for me! But we can always try add one in, maybe next year?!


You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Popular Posts

Blog Archive