Beauty Bin | Empties Spring 2016 |

09:00:00


I do frequent clean ups on my makeup stash and that applies to skin and body care as well. For the past months I decided to collect all the things I was finishing or were not good anymore and needed to be thrown away.
Starting with skincare, I finished a couple o Micellar Waters - Simple Kind To Skin Micellar Cleasing Water and the L'oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Water - both good, but not exceptional. I would still buy them again for their properties. I didn't like the L'oreal bottle thou, it's not convenient as the product tends to fall all over and not only on the cotton pad. 
I also finished a No7 Soft & Soothed Gentle Toner, it feels a bit harsh on my skin, took me ages to finish it and I don't intend on buying it again.
I had a few sample size products that I also finished - Ren Daily Moisturiser and the Huygens Scrub - the moisturiser is good but I have other's I like better and for a fraction of the price. The scrub is very harsh on the skin but I kind of like that. 
Lastly I am throwing away the Soap&Glory No Clogs Allowed Mask, it's horrible. It burnt my skin and it did nothing special other than leave me red and sore. I completely hate it and don't recommend at all. 


On the body care department I finished a few body washes, the Dove Go Fresh in Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena is amazing for spring time and smells divine! I also loved the Nivea Diamond Touch and the The Body Shop Blueberry Shower Gel. On the same range I finished the Blueberry Scrub - amazing! Soap&Glory may not be my favourite for skincare but sure is on the body care department! I loved the Flake Away scrub, smells and feels divine on the skin!
On my hair I always use Head&Shoulders shampoo, everyone gets surprised when I tell them I use this shampoo since my long hair looks rather healthy. My coworkers always assumed I used expensive shampoos, but nops, I always go back to H&S my favourite is the Lemon one for oily hair! On the same department I used up one of my hair dyes in Midnight Blue from Directions!
Lastly I finished a mouthwash and I want to refer it since it's really good for sensitive teeth - Eludril Classic.


It's rare that I finish makeup items since I don't wear makeup everyday but this time I collected a few items. I used up a whole bottle of the Kiko Universal Fit Foundation, it is hands down one of my favourites, I have a back up that I am opening when I finish some of my current options. I'm throwing away the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder since it's very old and doesn't do anything at all anymore. To be honest I don't see the hype around this powder, is normal to me... my Catrice Prime & Fine comes out so much better in my opinion. Speaking of Catrice I have the Sun Glow Matt Bronzing Powder in Dark which is as you can guess very dark for my skin tone. I've had this for 5 years now and I never use it, it's bad and broken, a shame because is a good product just the shade a fail!
Lastly I'm throwing away a Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge since it's ruined. I washed it with the RT Brush Cleansing Palette and it's way too harsh for a sponge, ripped it off and is unusable.


I've got quite a few things on the eye department, mostly mascaras!
Benefit Roller Lash - love the brush, formula is good.
Benefit They're Real - love the brush, hate the formula - way too wet and a pain to take off.
Smashbox Full Exposure - brush is too big, formula is not good on my lashes
Kiko Super Colour Mascara in 09 - amazing colour pay off, nothing special about the brush
Catrice Glamour Doll - already repurchased , amazing for lifting the lashes and formula doesn't crumble
Catrice Jet Lash Speed Volume Mascara - Amazing brush, formula, lasts long but is easy to remove, didn't repurchase but I would totally recommend it!

Kiko Lasting Gel Liner - too old and dry, amazing quality, true black, stays all day, doesn't budge!
Catrice Eyebrow Pencil - too old and doesn't give colour anymore. Love the spoolie and shade used to suit me very well.
Essence Gel Liner pencil - I ruined it but it was good to smoke out on the lash line.
Essence Eyeshadow Brush - is completely ruined, very well loved.



Lipsticks are so hard to part with but all of the above ones are very old and the Essence ones got mould in them...
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 120 Cutting Edge - formula is fine but hate the smell, too old.
Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in 01 Coral Calling and 03 Dare to Wear, both old and mouldy.
Catrice Ultimate Colour 050 Princess Peach - one of my first lipsticks ever, about 6 years old now
Gosh Intense Lip Colour in 302 - it's old and the formula split. 

So we made to the end! I definitely threw away a whole lot of things, some amazing others not so much but is good to see that my collection is getting to the point where I only have what I love and on date products! 

Thanks for reading,

You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Popular Posts